Protective Behaviours WA is WA’s leading prevention education organisation providing a range of specialised training packages and services to protect children; to inform service providers about how they can keep children safe and to help children deal more effectively with the issues of abuse and personal safety.
Our teducational workshops for professionals have been designed to teach service providers both Government and Non-Government organizations including:
Schools, Education Services , Early Childhood Services, Police, Department for Child Protection, Department for Communities, Residential Care Workers, Women's Service/Refuges, Health Professionals, Disability Services, Corrective Services, Domestic Violence Services, Youth Services and Outreach, and various other community based groups.
Customised educational workshops can be tailored to meet the exact needs of your staff, students or client groups.
The various workshops we offer include:
- The Protective Behaviours program (including practical applications of the program) professional development provided for half day refresher, full one day or two days depending on your requirements
- Child Protection : Child abuse and neglect (2.5 hours) for child care professionals
- Teaching "The Teenagers Guide to Personal Safety" workshop for professionals/ secondary schools (6 hours)
- Cyber safety parent workshop (2.5 hours)
- Cyber safety and teenagers guide to personal safety (year 8 - year 12)
- Parent workshops (2 hours run either in-house, hosted by your organisation or held at our office once a month)
- Classroom sessions (all year groups)
- Children's group workshops (holiday program - 3 hours)
For information on the Parent Workshops please refer to the Parent Information page.
THE LANGUAGE OF SAFETY WORKSHOP
Thursday 30th November 2017
BOOK NOW: https://www.trybooking.com/324379
Di Margetts and Bronwyn Clee
Acclaimed international trainer, author and consultant Di Margetts, creator of The Language of Safety has come out of retirement to bring The Language of Safety to PBWA!
This workshop will change the way you think, feel and behave, both personally and professionally. The Language of Safety informs emotional safety, empowerment and teaches us how to create an environment of sharing and respect between ourselves and the people we communicate with.
This rare and exciting opportunity to have Di Margetts teach the strategy that she created will be co-facilitated with Bronwyn Clee. Bronwyn is an internationally qualified coach and trainer and has worked with Di since 2004. Expect an interactive, engaging and fun workshop!
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm
Venue: The Enterprise Room, Innovation Centre 9 DeLaeter Way, Technology Park, Bentley.
Cost: $140.00 per person. Includes lunch and morning tea.
What is the language of safety?
History of language of safety.
Why do we use the language of safety?
The language of safety in the workplace and community settings.
Promoting safety with clients through language.
Promoting safety with children through language.
Safe language self-talk.
Upon completion all participants will receive a certificate of attendance signed by Di Margetts and Bronwyn Clee, issued by PBIA and PBWA.
A joint initiative between PBWA and PBIA.
Tel: 0409 071 068 or 0459 602 797
Address: 51 Anketell Street, Kensington WA 6151
Post: PO Box 693 Bentley, WA 6982
BOOK NOW: https://www.trybooking.com/324379
INTERAGENCY CERTIFIED FOUNDATIONS WORKSHOPS
We provide two day Certified Foundations Inter-Agency educational workshops throughout the year and we also offer customized training workshops that can be held at a venue of your choosing at a time and date suitable to your target group.
Our next Certified Foundations Interagency Workshop is being held for:
Teachers/Child Care Workers/Youth Workers/Health Care/Social Workers/Residential Care Workers - professionals working with or interested in working with children and young people.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
Certified Foundations Workshop (2 days)
TIME: 9.00am - 4.00pm
COST: $500 (+GST)
DATE: 21 to 22 March 2018
to be held at ASCOT KAYAK CLUB, Fauntleroy Avenue, Ascot
For further info please email our Education Co-ordinator : email@example.com
Telephone: 0459 602 797
BOOK INTO OUR NEXT PROTECTIVE BEHAVIOURS PARENT WORKSHOPS (2 HOURS) TO BE HELD ON:
DATE: Tuesday 5 December 2017
TIME: 6.30PM - 8.30PM
VENUE: 51 Anketell Street, Kensington
COST: $60.00 per ticket
These workshops are a must for all parents and carers. They have been designed to teach the content of the internationally acclaimed Protective Behaviours Child Safety Program to increase their children’s personal safety and well-being.
All individuals including children have the right to feel safe!
There are many ways of talking to children about their personal safety and when we do so, it is important that we do not scare them or leave them feeling unsafe, afraid or disempowered.
- To provide parents and carers with a basic understanding of child sexual abuse and other unsafe situations.
- To provide specific personal safety training skills, techniques and examples to use with your children.
- To provide strategies to keep your children safe and cope with situations such as bullying, child abuse and domestic violence.
- To lesson your anxiety about your children’s safety, so you can allow them the freedom of movement they need as they grow and mature.
PROTECTIVE BEHAVIOURS WA OFFERS AN ARRAY OF TEACHING MATERIALS DESIGNED TO TEACH CHILDREN THE PROTECTIVE BEHAVIOURS PROGRAM IN A WAY THAT IS ENGAGING AND FUN TO CHILDREN 0 – 18 YEARS OF AGE.
For more information on the teaching aids please refer to the Resources page.
EDUCATION SESSIONS (One-To-One) Direct Support for Families and Children
Protective Behaviours WA was originally established in 1992 as a training organisation providing quality professional training workshops to service providers and teachers however due to the high demand for services direct to the client our services now extend to helping children and their families affected by child abuse in particular child sexual abuse and to support the families who are also affected.
The Protective Behaviours One to One educational sessions create the opportunity for awareness, understanding and education on child protection and child safety issues giving children the knowledge and skills to deal more effectively with unsafe and or abusive situations they may find themselves in. Research shows that the program is an effective tool in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
Education session objectives :
- To provide children, parents , carers and their family with a knowledge of the content, themes, core concepts and strategies of the Protective Behaviours program.
- To provide children, parents , carers and their family with simple, practical teaching activities designed to increase individuals personal safety which in turn aims to prevent the incidence of child abuse and or the re- occurrence of abuse that may have already been perpetrated against the child/children.
- To develop problem solving and assertiveness skills in children and their families.
- To educate adults and caregivers in the issues of abuse and abuse prevention.
Education sessions can include other siblings and will incorporate parent/carer information. By providing a service that is both professional and responsive to individual needs we are able to facilitate the sessions in a meaningful and responsive manner.
Our professional team of trainers can either present the information in the comfort of the child’s home or alternatively at our training room which located in Kensington. Liaison between the trainer and the parent/carer and or case manager will take place prior to the session(s) commencement to determine the number of sessions required. This in turn will maximise the child's learning capacity and effectiveness of the information being presented.
The increase in demand for this service is continuing to rise however Protective Behaviours WA offers appointments for sessions to individuals, couples and families.
To contact our Training Co-ordinator please email: firstname.lastname@example.org