EDUCATION IS THE KEY TO PROTECTION!
Further to professional training we also offer parents and carers the opportunity to participate in our customised Parent Workshops that can be held on behalf of an organisation such as a playgroup, sporting or community group or alternatively parents may attend our regular Parent Workshops that are held at different times throughout the year at the PBWA office in Kensington.
BOOK INTO OUR NEXT PROTECTIVE BEHAVIOURS PARENT WORKSHOPS (2 hours) TO BE HELD ON:
DATE: THURSDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2017
TIME: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
VENUE: 51 Anketell Street, Kensington
COST: $60.00 per ticket
The Protective Behaviours Parent Workshops have been designed to provide parents and caregivers the opportunity to participate in a workshop that is child focused and relevant to parenting in the modern age.
Whilst the task of preventing child abuse appears daunting for most parents - teaching the Protective Behaviours Program is a simple but effective way of helping children develop protective strategies.
In order to work towards preventing children becoming victims of abuse particularly sexual abuse it is important to educate children on their rights to personal safety and the way we do this is by teaching children the following:
As a safety program Protective Behaviours provides children with strategies to keep themselves safe and cope with situations which threaten their well being, specifically in areas of child abuse and bullying. The program in essence empowers the individual with the right to feel safe and sets out ways in which they can gain appropriate help when they are not feeling safe.
- To provide parents and caregivers with a thorough knowledge of the content, themes, core concepts and strategies of the Protective Behaviours Program.
- To develop problem solving and assertiveness skills in children.
- To educate parents and caregivers in the issues of abuse and abuse prevention.
- To assist participants in presenting the program in a manner whereby the process is congruent with the program content.
- To provide parents and caregivers with simple practical teaching activities designed to increase their child’s/children’s personal safety.
Further to the Parent Workshops Protective Behaviours WA offers an array of teaching materials designed to teach children the Protective Behaviours Program in a way that is engaging and fun to children 0 – 18 years of age.
For more information on the teaching aids please refer to the Resources page.